We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding through this Pandemic. We are happy to be back working in surgery. However, we are still not running to ‘normal’ capacity and would appreciate your continued understanding.
The reduction in capacity is due several restrictions still being in place on the practice of dentistry. The main problem being that after completion of any aerosol generating treatment, ( which is most of our treatments) the surgery the treatment was carried out in must be “fallowed” (left empty) for a period of 25 minutes before it can be deep cleaned and made ready for the next patient to enter. As a result each dentist requires 2 surgeries to see an entire day list of patient treatments rather than 1 surgery. This has resulted in a reduction in the number of dentists that can be in each day. Even with 2 surgeries per dentist this does not allow enough time to carry out an ultrasonic scale at each check up appointment.
We have been working hard to get through the large back log of treatments. In most cases this has been cleared and each dentist is currently working through their check up back log in the order they were cancelled.
We leave spaces each day for emergency dental care which are prioritised in order of urgency. With swelling and pain being the highest priorities. If you have any problems please call us on 0141 956 1657. Reception staff are taking details of patients wishing to be seen and then passing them on to the dentists for them to allocate spaces.
Please take note of our new arrival and in-surgery protocol:
- Fill out your medical history/ COVID screen before arriving for your appointment. A link to these can be found in your text and email reminders.
- If you feel that you are at risk of having been infected – even if asymptomatic, please delay your appointment.
- Attend your appointment alone where possible.
- If you require a chaperone, we will need their details before your appointment.
- Your chaperone must wear a mask.
- When travelling to the practice we would recommend you limit close contact with members of the public if possible.
- Please endeavour to arrive no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Please bring a mask in case you have to wait in the waiting room.
- Please bring as few possessions with you as possible. You will be asked to place any possessions you bring in a plastic box in reception.
- If there is a charge, then contactless card or over the phone payments are being encouraged.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands with alcohol hand rub at our hand hygiene station in reception.
- We may take your temperature with a no touch thermometer.
- Staff may be wearing full PPE when you arrive at the practice.
- Although the rest room will be available, we ask if you could try to use the bathroom before you come to the practice.
- We may ask you to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash.
- We are unable to provide cushions for support on the dental chair for the time being. If you require one could you please bring your own.
What we are doing in the practice to make sure you remain safe:
- Screening on arrival at practice: temperature check/ verbally.
- Cancelling treatment where there is suspicion of COVID -19 patients with or suspected to have Covid-19 who require emergency or urgent care will be seen in urgent dental care centres.
- Provision of alcohol gel/ hand washing for patients as well as staff on arrival and before leaving the practice.
- Social distancing – ensuring 2 metre distance where possible.
- Screen fitted to reception desk.
- Reducing the number of patients in practice at any one time.
- Providing enhanced personal protective equipment for staff members and always ensuring appropriate use.
- Additional cleaning of surfaces.
- All staff will be instructed to avoid unnecessary exposure (both at work and in private) as per current government policies for social distancing.
- If any staff member is at risk of COVID-19 they will be advised isolation/ testing as advised by Health Protection Scotland.
If you would rather not attend the surgery during this time, please let a member of staff know by telephone.
Always Follow the advice of the Scottish government: http://gov.scot/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-g...
Jennings Dental Care
0141 956 1657